Wetumpka Chamber on Twitter

Wetumpka Chamber on Facebook

Email the Wetumpka Chamber

Wetumpka Chamber Mobile Website

Newcomers Guide

ELECTRIC SERVICE is provided by Alabama Power Company or Central Alabama Electric Cooperative.  Alabama Power offices are located on 400 South Main Street, Wetumpka.  Hours are 8:15 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.  One may request service 24 hours a day by calling the Customer Service Center at 1-800-245-2244.  A deposit may be required for residential service.  Central Alabama Electric Cooperative’s Wetumpka office is located at 637 Coosa River Parkway.  Call 567-8855 or the Prattville main office at 1-800-545-5735.  For all service or billing information, contact either location.  Cooperative membership is $5.00 plus applicable deposits.


WATER SERVICE is provided by Wetumpka Water Works and Sewer Board with offices located at 2909 Elmore Road, Wetumpka, 567-8404.  Service must be acquired in person during the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.  A $35 non-refundable application fee is required.  Sewage charge is based on a percentage of the water bill.  Central Elmore Water Authority is located at 716 US Highway 231, 567-6814.  Make application in person.  Security deposit is $50 for home owners and $100 for persons renting.  An impact fee of $500 is payable up front or in installments.  There are three billing cycles, and the minimum bill is $14.56.


GAS SERVICE is provided by several propane companies or natural gas by the Alabama Gas Corporation located at 235 Lee Street, Montgomery.  Apply for service in person or call 263-2341 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m., Monday-Friday.  A $100 security deposit may be required.  The deposit bears interest at the rate of 7% per year and may be refundable.  Lights and water must be turned on prior to gas being turned on and a one-day notice is required.  To report gas service out of order or request adjustment of appliances call 832-4477.


TELEPHONE SERVICE is provided to all residents of Wetumpka by AT&T and/or Spectrum/ Bright House Networks.  For AT&T residential sales, billing and service, call 1-877-452-3097, 24 hours a day, seven days a week http://www.attinternetservice.com/. For Spectrum/ Bright House Networks residential sales, billing and service call 1-855-222-0102, https://www.spectrum.com/my-account.html. There is no toll charge between Montgomery, Wetumpka, or Millbrook.


GARBAGE COLLECTION is provided by Advanced Disposal dba Sunflower Waste and Sunflower Landfill located at 1303 Washington Blvd., Tallassee.  Applications may be made by calling 334-218-1338.  For weekly curbside household garbage pick up, a container will be provided after completion of the service agreement and required deposit of $25.00. In addition, three packages may be set out and will be picked up.Outside of the Wetumpka city limits, Waste Management of Alabama provides garbage collection (334) 265-8542.


PROPERTY TAX For information about city, county, and state property taxes, contact the Elmore County Revenue Commissioner at the Elmore County Courthouse from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.  For information call 567-1182. http://www.elmorerevenuecommissioner.com/search.aspx


ENHANCED 911 Elmore County is served by an Enhanced 911 System (name, address, telephone number appear on the screen when called).  All new residents receive addresses through the E-911 Office.  For information contact the administrative office at 567-1105.  This office is located in the Elmore County Judicial Building, 8935 US Highway 231.



 The Alabama Dept of Public Safety's Driver License Division will adjust its days of service in Wetumpka in June to maximize resources. Currently, the Wetumpka Examining office, at 303 Hill Street, is open from 8 A.M. to Noon and from 1:00 pm to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. Beginning the week of June 16, 2014 the office will be closed on Thursdays. For additional details on this office or other Driver License services, visit the Alabama Department of Public Safety's website at www.dps.alabama.gov.

DRIVER’S LICENSE You are required to get an Alabama Driver’s License upon establishing residence.  The Driver’s License Examiners’ Office is located at 303 Hill Street, in Wetumpka.  Written exam hours are 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.  Road test hours are 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Out-of-state residents must turn in their present license; take the eye test and written test to obtain an Alabama Driver’s License.  Persons fifteen years of age may take the eye test and written test to obtain a Learner’s License (restricted).  There is a $5.00 cash only, correct amount charge for these services.  Licenses are issued for four years at a cost of $23.00.  Cash or credit card will be accepted.  For information call 567-8871. CDL Licenses, 1040 Coliseum Blvd. Montgomery 334-242-1789.


The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) has updated its driver license system to include online scheduling for appointments at license examining offices, online driver license renewals, self-serve kiosks, digital licensing for smart phones and equipment upgrades at its offices around the state. For more information on these new services, visit www.alrenewal.com.


Applying for an Alabama Driver License or Non-driver Identification Card Driver or Learner License (age 16 and older)
  • Two forms of identification, at least one of which contains a photograph (one form must be from the “primary” list, in addition to the Social Security card) or three forms of non-photo identification (one form must be from the “primary” list, in addition to the Social Security card).
  • Social Security card. *
  • Acceptable school enrollment form or proof of graduation (if younger than 19 and applying for the first time). **
  • $5 test fee (no checks).
  • Applicants 18 or older who wish to complete all testing for a license must have a licensed driver, proof of car insurance and a vehicle that will pass inspection.
  • $23.50 to purchase license (no checks).
Learner License (age 15)
  • U.S. birth certificate (certified and issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics (NO PHOTOCOPIES)).
  • Social Security card. *
  • Acceptable proof of school enrollment or graduation. **
  • $5 testing fee (no checks).
  • $23.50 to purchase license (no checks).
CDL or CDL Learner License Applicants (Montgomery Facilities Only)
  • Current driver license.
  • Social Security card.*
  • If transferring from out of state, applicant must present one document from the “primary” list (in addition to the Social Security number document).
  • Current Department of Transportation long medical form (unless medically exempt).
  • $25 testing fee (no checks).
  • Transportation Security Administration background check if transferring or obtaining a hazardous materials endorsement.
  • If not a U.S. citizen, applicant must legally be in permanent status in the United
  • States and domiciled in Alabama.
  • Skills test if upgrading a license or first-time applicant (test by appointment only; $20 skills test fee).
  • Proof of insurance.
  • $53.50 to purchase class “A” license.
  • $43.50 to purchase class “B” license.
  • $23.50 to purchase class “C” license.
  • $23.50 to purchase commercial learner license.
Motor-Driven Cycle License (ages 14 and 15)
  • U.S. birth certificate (certified and issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics (NO PHOTOCOPIES)),
    Alabama non-driver identification card or Alabama vessel license.
  • Social Security card. *
  • Third form of identification from “secondary” list (if other identification is nonphoto).
  • Fifteen-year-old applicants must have acceptable proof of school enrollment or graduation. **
  • $5 testing fee (no checks).
  • $23.50 to purchase motor-driven cycle license (no checks).
Out-of-State License Transfers
  • Out-of-state driver license.
  • Social Security card. *
  • One item from primary list, in addition to the Social Security card.
  • Proof of school enrollment or graduation (if younger than 19). **
  • $5 transfer fee (no checks).
  • $23.50 to purchase license (no checks).
Vessel License (age 12 and older)
  • U.S. birth certificate (certified and issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics (NO PHOTOCOPIES)).
  • Social Security card. *
  • One other item from “secondary” list.
  • $5 for test or transfer fee (no checks).
  • $23.50 to purchase license.
Non-Driver Identification Card
  • One document from the primary list which verifies name and date of birth.
  • Social Security card. *
  • Third form of identification from the "primary" or "secondary” lists (required only if primary document is non-photo).
  • $23.50 to purchase non-driver identification card.


VEHICLE REGISTRATION Personal vehicle tags are issued through the Elmore County Tag and Title Department in the Elmore County Courthouse.  Hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.  You will need: New car purchased in the state—bill of sale and application for title; new car purchased out of this state—statement of origin and bill of sale; new out of state resident—vehicle and person(s) whose name(s) are on the title must be seen by the person, also present title/copy of title, last registration; out of state vehicle with current legal tag has 30 days to register; local vehicle with current Alabama title has 10 days to register.  Car tags are to be renewed at the effective expiration date.  Personal vehicle tags are issued on a staggered basis according to the first letter of the last name.  Business vehicles and annual tags are due in October and November.  For further information, call 567-1166.  Tax and tag are paid together.  Cost of tag is $24.25 for one year.  Manufactured homes must be registered at the Elmore County Tag and Title Department unless assessed with property.

100 East Commerce Street
P.O. Box 280
Wetumpka, Alabama  36092
(334) 567-1142 Phone

The Probate Office is located on the first floor of the Elmore County Courthouse in downtown Wetumpka.  The offices are responsible for licensing, recording, tags and titles, and Probate Court.

The functions of the Probate Court are to preside over wills, administrations, annexations, commitment and condemnation hearings, and property records.  The Probate Judge is responsible for county elections.  The Judge is also responsible for processing name changes, legitimations, adoptions, conservatorships, and guardianships.

The License Division of the Probate Office issues drivers, vessel, motorcycle and commercial drivers licenses.  The department issues non-drivers identification, boat registrations and business licenses.  In addition, the division offers resident hunting, non-resident hunting, resident fishing, non-resident fishing, lifetime and specialty licenses.

The Recording Department records mortgages, judgments, corporations, affidavits, delegations/acceptances, deeds, liens, lien releases, notaries, plats, and powers of attorney.

The Tag and Title Department issues automobile and motorcycle registrations, special tags, titles and mobile home decals.

The Probate Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

The County operates two part-time satellite offices.  The Millbrook satellite office is open 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.  The Millbrook Tag Office phone number is 285-3054.  The Tallassee satellite office is open from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. every Tuesday.  The Tallassee location only processes tags.  The Tallassee Tag Office phone number is 252-1515.


VOTER REGISTRATION The State of Alabama requires you to register ten days before an election in order to vote.  The Board of Registrars is located in the Elmore County Courthouse located at 100 East Commerce Street, Wetumpka.  You may register during regular office hours.  For further information, call 567-1150. www.elmoreco.org


CONSERVATION LICENSE Conservation licenses (hunting, fishing, boating, etc.) are available through the Probate Judge’s Office in the Elmore County Courthouse located at 100 East Commerce Street, Wetumpka.  For information call 567-1141. Licenses are also available online http://www.outdooralabama.com/licenses/ The costs vary according to the type of license.


THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF ELMORE COUNTY, INC. is located at 255 Central Plank Road in Wetumpka.  Hours of operation are Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.  For information call
567­­-3377 or visit their website: www.elmorehumane.com

PETS There is a leash law within the city limits of Wetumpka which applies to both dogs and cats.  For more information, call the Animal Control officer at 567-1327.


BUSINESS LICENSES Contact the City Clerk’s Office located at the Wetumpka City Hall at 567-5147 for information on the schedule of licenses, permits, and other regulations regarding the establishment of businesses within the City of Wetumpka. Download a business license application for the City of Wetumpka here: http://www.cityofwetumpka.com/Sites/Wetumpka2/Documents/City%20Clerk/business%20license.pdf





Animal Control (334) 567-1327
Building Inspector (334) 567-1303
Business License (334) 567-1301
City Clerk (334) 567-5147
Fire Department (334) 567-1333
Landfill (334) 567-1328
Library (334) 567-1308
Mayor’s Office (334) 567-1314
Mayor’s Assistant (334) 567-1304
Municipal Airport (334) 285-5843
Municipal Ball Park (334) 567-1324
Municipal Court (334) 567-1305
Parks & Recreation (334) 567-3764
Police–Non-Emergency (334) 567-5321
Recycling Center (334) 567-1334
Secret Witness (334) 567-1336
Street Department (334) 567-1329
Wetumpka Area Chamber of Commerce (334) 567-4811
Wetumpka Post Office (800) 275-8777
Wetumpka YMCA (334) 567-8282


Auto Tag & Title (334) 567-1166
Board of Education–Superintendent (334) 567-1200
Board of Registrars (334) 567-1150
Central Alabama Drug Taskforce (334) 567-1954
Child Abuse–Weekday (334) 514-3200
Child Abuse–Weekend & Evening (334) 567-5227
Circuit Clerk (334) 567-1124
Circuit Judge (334) 567-1148
Civil Defense–Administration (334) 567-6451
Commission Office (334) 567-1156
Coroner (334) 514-7107
Council on Aging/Senior Services (334) 567-4361
County Administrator (334) 567-1372
Department of Human Resources (334) 514-3200
Deputy Administrator/Communications (334) 514-5841
District Attorney (334) 567-2237
District Civil Court (334) 567-1127
District Criminal Court (334) 567-1125
District Judge (334) 567-1153
Driver’s License Examiner (334) 567-8871
E-911–Administration (334) 567-1105
Elmore County Economic Development Authority (334) 514-5843
Emergency Management Agency Office/ Homeland Security (334) 567-1155
Engineer/Highway Department (334) 567-1162
Extension System (334) 567-6301
Food Stamps/Public Assistance (334) 514-3200
Health Department (334) 567-1172
Humane Society of Elmore County, Inc. (334) 567-3377
Jail Dispatch (334) 567-5441
Licenses (334) 567-1138
Millbrook Tag & Title (334) 285-3054
Museum, Black History (334) 567-8395
Museum, Elmore Co. (334) 567-5097
Probate Judge (334) 567-1139
Probation/Parole Officer (334) 567-4367
Records Room (334) 567-1143
Revenue Commissioner (334) 567-1428
Secret Witness (334) 567-5227
Sheriff (334) 567-5546
Tallassee Tag & Title (334) 252-1804
Veteran’s Service (334) 567-1175

ABC Board (334) 271-3840
Better Business Bureau of Central Alabama (334) 262-5606
Bureau of Investigation (334) 263-1691
Consumer Protection Division (334) 261-7334
Employment Service (334) 286-3700
Family Violence Shelter (334) 263-0218
Federal Bureau of Investigation (334) 263-1691
Forestry Commission (334) 242-5583
Highway Emergency (334) 242-4128
Poison Control (800) 462-0800
State Troopers (334) 270-1122

Haynes Lifeflight (334) 265-1208
Elmore Community Hospital (334) 567-4311
Hillside Mental Health Center (334) 567-8408
Wetumpka Medical Center (334) 514-1910
Emergencies   911

Alabama Gas Corporation (334) 263-2341
Alabama Power Company (334) 223-5000
Advanced Disposable Services Alabama, LLC dba as Sunflower Waste & Sunflower Landfill (334) 215-1338
(866) 252-0458

AT&T 1-(877)-452-3097
Spectrum/ Bright House Networks* 1-(855)-222-0102
Central Alabama Electric Cooperative (800) 545-5735
Central Elmore Water & Sewer Authority (334) 567-6814
Waste Management of Alabama (334) 265-8542
Wetumpka Water Works & Sewer Board (334) 567-8404